Find it Here

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

An Alzheimer's Poem

Recently I wrote a poem about Alzheimer's Disease. Many caregivers out there may recognize its significance and even though it's short and simple, it hits the nail right on the head. Not bad for coming up with it while taking a shower one afternoon. Let me know what you all think in the comments section below.


She stares at me like I’m a stranger
As if her life is now in danger.
I say hello and say her name
As if her mind were still the same.

She stares at me still confused
In her company she’s not amused.
I tell her stories of our past
Knowing this moment may not last.

She stares at me with more fervor
An hour longer we go further.
We share a laugh, a hug, and a kiss
A time I did not want to miss.

She stares at me now with a smile
It has made my trip so worthwhile.
She says goodbye and says my name
As if her mind were still the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment